Work For UsJoin our talented team, we're always on the look out for good people
Join Our Team
As one of the fastest growing managed IT services providers in the country, we are constantly recruiting for talented people to join our team. We recognise that our staff are our most important asset and we are committed to providing comprehensive training programmes and excellent career progression opportunities.
If you are currently in the job market and think that you would be a good fit to join the ClevaGroup team, please contact us using the form below and tell us why in the comments box, making sure to attach an up-to-date copy of your curriculum vitae.
Senior Service Desk Engineer
Salary: £28,000.00 to £35,000.00 /year
We are offering the opportunity for a Senior Service Desk Engineer to join a growing Managed Services Provider based in Hertford, Hertfordshire.
We are seeking an individual who is confident in installing, configuring and administering servers in a domain-joined environment, monitoring and troubleshooting system performance, monitoring backups and building and testing hardware for use within our client networks. This is a varied role and the ideal candidate will have deep technical expertise across many different platforms.
- Dealing with escalated technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems
- Support of disaster recovery solutions
- Technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls and security
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Remote Desktop Services, and Citrix
- Handling remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and responding accordingly through service tickets
- System documentation maintenance and review
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Assisting and sharing knowledge with the service desk engineers
Skills required for the successful candidate are
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Server products including Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365 & SQL
- Excellent working knowledge of server virtualization using Hyper-V and System Center
- Excellent working knowledge of networking protocols including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NAT, VLANS & L2 + L3 Routing
- Experience with Azure & AWS Cloud Services
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Expert problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Desktop operating systems (Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Server operating systems (Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2012 R2 / 2016 / 2019)
- Excellent knowledge of Server hardware including RAID and UPS systems
- Experience with server virtualization and Virtual Desktops using VMWare and Citrix
- An ability to effectively prioritise work load and execute tasks under pressure
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Excellent customer service skills preferably developed working in an IT service oriented environment
- Any experience with ConnectWise software would be beneficial
- Any experience with .Net or php development would be beneficial
The successful candidate must hold a full UK driving license and have at least 4 years’ industry experience. Occasional travel to client sites will be required.
- Bonus scheme
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
Service Desk Engineer
Salary: £20,000.00 to £26,000.00 /year
Due to continued success, ClevaGroup have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Service Desk / 2nd Line Engineer to join our Service Delivery team. Founded in 2006, ClevaGroup has grown from strength-to-strength and is now a leading Managed Service Provider in the local area. We take pride in having an employee-centric environment and are strong believers in developing the skills, knowledge and resource of our workforce.
As a Service Desk / 2nd Line Engineer you will be responsible for providing both onsite and remote technical support for our vast client base. You will be responsible for managing remote and onsite technical matters with client IT systems, ensuring SLAs are met. The role will involve fault diagnosis and resolution, providing onsite, remote and telephone support for client infrastructure and end-users.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced Technical Support Engineer from a Managed Service Provider background. You will be a motivated, natural problem solver with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. A passion for IT and providing outstanding customer service is essential.
- Provide onsite and remote technical support to an extensive client base.
- To install and maintain IT and communications systems in line with specifications, to ensure client requirements and deadlines are met, and that systems are fully secure.
- Provide 1st and 2nd Line diagnosis and resolution, maintaining a high level of 1st time fixes.
- Respond appropriately to technical issues raised, through resolution or escalation.
- Prioritisation and management of workload to ensure contractual SLAs are met.
- Log all service tickets received via telephone, email and service portal and handle accordingly throughout the stages of the ticket.
- To maintain the appropriate client site documentation for each designated client.
- Provide efficient customer service to a vast client base.
- Work in accordance with company values, policies, procedures and standards.
Essential Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced IT support engineer from a Managed Service Provider background. You will be a motivated, natural problem solver with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. A passion for IT and providing outstanding customer service is essential.
- Previous experience providing technical support for a Managed Service Provider.
- Excellent problem solving and customer service skills.
- Experience with key technologies, such as:
- Windows Server 2012 – 2019
- Microsoft Office 2013 – Office 365
- Windows Desktop 7 – Windows 10
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- OSx Operating systems
- Office 365
- Networking technologies including LAN/WAN
- Installing/configuring printers
- A full driving licence is essential.
The hours of work are 37.5 per week. Our core office hours are 09:00-17:30, Monday-Friday. Applicants must be flexible to work additional hours on occasion to fulfil the requirements of the job role.
- Bonus scheme
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
To apply for any of our current vacancies, please fill in the form above and reference the job you’re applying for in the Cover Note section.
Make up to £1,000 cash by referring a friend to us
For every referral you send us that converts into a customer we will pay you a commission of up to £1,000